Summing up the article I read here.It’s nice to remember
- Don’t start with profundities. Keep your goals simple. Don’t try to change everything overnight.
- Do let the sun go down on anger. I had always scrupulously aired every irritation as soon as possible, to make sure I vented all bad feelings before bedtime. Studies have shown this is BULLSHIT. Sleep on it and see how you feel in the morning.
- Fake it till you feel it. In other words pretending to be happy until you actually feel happy! It’s just like laughing. If you force yourself to laugh, sooner or later you’ll burst out in genuine laughter.
- Realize that anything worth doing, is worth doing badly. Trying and failing is better than never trying at all.
- Buy some happiness. Eyeing a dress thats a little pricey but hugs you in all the right ways? Splurge! (Only every now and again). That dress brings you confidence. And confidence makes you happy!
- Don’t treat the blues with a treat…. You’ll feel guilty about it later. Treat yourself to a movie or a massage. Not food!
- Don’t insist on the best. It’ll only lead to disappointment. Not everything can be perfect.
- Exercise to boost energy. Even a 10 minute walk can release feel good endorphins.
- Stop NAGGING. It helps no one. If you want something done and you’re capable of doing it, just do it. Don’t force others to do something just because you don’t have time for it. By doing the task yourself its rewarding.
- Take action.